FREEMOVER students are all guest students studying on an individual basis for a semester or a year at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences University of Zagreb as a part of their degree at the home university outside of formal exchange agreement/project.
Freemover students will have to arrange the conditions of their study period like the prerequisites in relevant courses or study programmes, tuition fees etc. with the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
How to apply
In order to be accepted you will need to fill in the Application form and send it to us together with all the other necessary documents. Kindly note that only complete applications will be considered by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (the Application Form and all the required enclosures).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Description of research proposal (for PhD students)
- One Reference by member of your faculty
- Transcript of Records and Certificate of Enrolment (signed and stamped)
- Proof of English language proficiency – B2 (minimum)
- Scan of the ID card (both sides) / Passport (first page with the photo and personal data)
- Be sure to fill out this form legibly and correctly!
- Students can apply only for the subject area /field of study which is their major at home university. Courses from other subject areas are available only in a 30% of proposed study programme.
- Department of English language and Literature will evaluate and accept only students who are studying English language at their home University (as major subject) and have high English language proficiency: for BA level (undergraduate) minimum B2 and for MA level (graduate) minimum C1.
- LEARNING AGREEMENT has to be arranged with the departmental ECTS/CEEPUS coordinators. It is important to contact respective departmental coordinator in order to receive updated list of courses for next semester. Some courses might be conducted in the form of individual consultations (because most courses are in Croatian language.)
- Learning agreement will be signed by FFZG AFTER the evaluation process.
- COURSE CATALOGUE
- FREE Online Croatian Language Courses: A1.HR – A2.HR
All applicants are kindly requested to respect the APPLICATION DEADLINES, which are as follows:
- 15 May for the winter semester or full academic year
- 15 December for the summer semester
BEFORE COMING TO ZAGREB (VISA, residence permit, health insurance)
LIVING AND STUDYING IN ZAGREB (estimated monthly living expenses, accommodation – private housing, local/public transportation, food, drinks etc.)
STUDENT RESIDENCE HALL: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences has no capacity of its own but if student is interested for the accommodation in the Student Residence Hall, we can send inquiry to the Accommodation Unit of the Student Service Center.
Please note that incoming students within Erasmus+, CEEPUS and University bilateral agreements have priority for the accommodation.